Tuesday, May 4, 2010

The joys of scripting

Scripting, I have discovered helps in comic making if for no other reason than to give my scattered thought process an anchoring point from which to start. Jeremy sends over his written pages, from that point I set out to fit all the panels into place making sure there's room for word balloons and make sure it all makes sense visually. When all is said and done and I'm on the umpteenth page and Jeremy and I have hashed out all the re-writes and panel changes for the first few pages I have something to look at and think about. That's when my brain really goes to work and I start thinking about how I can draw "this" page differently and re-arrange things on "that" page to tell the story better. I never really messed around with planning before, it seemed like a waste of time but now I see it as one more step to being a better creator or visual storyteller.

No comments:

Post a Comment